Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 24

For those of you following my blog, I just wanted to say thanks for reading! With this project just about finished, I wanted to mention that the next project (which is going to be WAY cool) will not start until after I get a new job. I had an interview yesterday, so wish me luck! :-)

On a similar note, if you want to follow future projects without having to constantly log in to see if there's been an update, you have the option to receive new posts by email. I've done that with other blogs, and it works great! To do this, simply click on the link to the left under "Email Updates" that says "Subscribe to Piccola's Projects by Email". I put this link here specifically for this purpose as it not only notifies you that there is a new post, but actually puts the post (with the pictures) in the email.

And now...back to the project. :-) I went to Metro Embroidery to pick up the quilt. The quality far exceeded what I was expecting. It is a thick, rich red color, done exactly the way I asked them to do it. I would HIGHLY recommend using them if anyone in WPB needs to have something embroidered!! Here is what it looks like with the embroidery (these are the 2 that worked on the quilt):



And a close up of the embroidery. You can see a very tight satin stitch was used. (If you want to see the stitching in more detail, you can double click on the image.)



Now that the embroidery is done, both sides of the quilt are completely finished! Here are both sides next to each other (the last time they will be apart):



The sunshine coming in the room makes the background look darker than it really is. Here is a picture of each side separately:



I already bought twin-sized batting to go inside the quilt, so the next step is to sew the layers together. This is what the batting looks like:



It is SOOOOOO soft!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment